SU SILVIA S15 SPEC R
The Nissan Silvia S15. Possibly the best looking of all the S-Chassis, its such a shame it was the last one. Even sadder, is that many people around the world missed out on the opportunity to ever be able to own one, due to emissions or because it was not produced from factory as a left hand drive.
Luckily for Duy, the S15 is readily available in Australia. So without further ado i’d like to introduce you to IFSU, one of Aussies best known S15’s. Originally purchased from Queensland this Silvia was picked up and brought back to New South Wales where it was given one seriously extreme make over.
First on the agenda were some basic performance mods before upgrading to a bigger turbo, which in turn meant there was a lot more engine work that needed to be done. The added boost is thanks to a GTX3076R Turbo Charger force feeding air into the SR20.
To keep the fuel squirting, a 450 Walbro fuel pump was added, sending E85 up to the 1200cc fuel injectors. Tomei Poncams, BC cam gears, BC valves and BC retainers keep the set up flowing smoothly. Management is left to a Haltech Platinum Pro ECU aided by a Haltech wide band sensor and Dual MAP sensor. The set up has been tuned perfectly by Powertune. The exhaust gasses spool the turbo via a 6Boost manifold while a Tial 44mm external wastegate helps maintain pressure. Exhaust gas then leaves the car through a custom made 3 inch dump pipe and straight through exhaust, with cannon tip.
An NPC twin plate clutch transfers the power from the engine to the RB25 manual gearbox. From here it is transmitted down the custom one piece drive shaft to a 1.5 way LSD diff with a 4.3 ratio, which feeds it out to the Work Meister S1 3-piece 19×11 rear wheels.
By now you may be wondering, what does IFSU actually mean? It stands for ‘I F*ck Shit up!’ which I’m guessing refers to bank accounts, and egos.
- GTX3076R with 0.63 rear housing
- Tomei Poncams 265
- BC cam gears
- BC valves
- BC retainers
- RB25 gear box
- One piece drive shaft
- 6Boost manifold
- Dual MAP sensor
- Custom made 3″ dump pipe
- Custom straight pipe exhaust to cannon tip
- 4.3 diff ratio with a 1.5-way LSD
- NPC twin plate clutch rated to 1000hp
- HKS blow off valve
- Haltech Platinum Pro ECU
- Haltech wide band sensor
- Tial 44mm external wastegate
- Front Mount Intercooler
- 1200cc fuel injectors
- Tuned for E85 fuel
- 450 Wallbro fuel pump
- Suspension / Brakes
- Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper Coilovers
- Hard Race camber arms front and rear
- R33 GTR Brembo brakes (4 piston brake calipers)
Wheels / Tires
- Work Meister S1 3-piece 19×10 front
- Work Meister S1 3-piece 19×11 rear
- Hankook Ventus Evo 2 255/30/19 front
- Hankook Ventus Evo 2 275/30/19 rear
- Full C-West Gt Carbon fiber widebody kit
- Custom carbon fiber front canards
- Custom carbon fiber front splitter
- Custom carbon fiber side splitters
- Custom carbon fiber rear diffuser
- Custom carbon fiber rear diffuser side extensions
- 1700mm wide Carbon fiber Voltex GT Wing
- Bride Euro 2 front seats
- Defi boost gauge
- Defi oil temperature gauge
- Defi water temperature gauge
- Defi oil pressure guage
Duy would like to thank: Powertune Australia, Garage 88 and Body form motorsports.
Follow Duy on Instagram.
Follow THE-LOWDOWN team on Facebook
Photos thanks to Aiyden Lang Photography